Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Trouble On Valentines Day

So much for a day of love and romance. A couple of the ZPO's had a little trouble with the old Valentines Day. First off, Charing was having some people over last night when the kids got just a little to rowdy in the basement. You guessed it. Zack was goofing around around (we assume with Morgan due to her disappearing act afterwards) and hit his head on the couch. I know you are most likely thinking, "well, at least it was the couch, I mean...they are padded and what not" but oh no. There was a sign of impact....A cut and a huge knot. So Charing packed him up and headed for the ER. That's right my friends...the ER on Valentines day. No good at all. They were there for hours, had to get an X-ray, stitches and Charing was to keep her eye out for signs of a concussion. A little scary.

Nick and I also had a sick baby at home. Our sweet girl Ellie was not feeling well at all. She could not get up on the couch or the bed. She would not lay down or move much at all. She was so pitiful! She wouldn't eat or go out....so, when she was not better this morning we headed out the the vet. They found two things 1. she has gas. That's right folks. I was a little embarrassed that I had missed work and rushed her to the vet for gas, but at that point what was I going to do. They also found that she has stage one hip displacia. This is really worrisome because she is only four years old. We now have pain medication for her and we will be watching it closely. There was no way for them to say at this point if it was the gas or her hips that were causing her problems. Poor baby girl!

I have not talked to all of the ZPO's, but I really hope that the rest of the Valentines Day's went off without a hitch! I think we are planning on the next meeting just being our trip to Greek Sing and then out afterwards. I know that not everyone will be able to make it, but we will just plan on getting together in early March as well. Does this work for everyone?