Wednesday, June 07, 2006

May Meeting...just a little late

What's that you say...I am fired from being the ZPO blogger...but no wait!!! I can explain why there has not been a post in WEEKS..really...I can. I wont even use the "I was busy" excuse which I always have hopes of it filling your minds with me being extremely productive and expecting to see "Local Biologist finds cure to AIDS all because she held off posting on her sororities blog!" in the local paper any day, but when in reality"busy" means that I am to addicted to the X-files with Nick to pull myself away from the TV, or I am with some of my fellow ZPO's taking care of a bottle of wine and gossiping, or I am playing with one of the two cutest babies in the world. Not this time though...nope. I have been sick. I don't mean just a little sick, I mean full blown flu into a bacterial infection in my lungs into severe bronchitis/possible early pneumonia. SO...I have been in bed. for days. It was not cute, but at least it is over. Now that I am done making excuses...the May meeting!

The long introduction is to also mask the fact that I don't really remember a lot of the details from the May meeting...a real shame! Here is what I do know. First off, we held the meeting at Charings house again, because...well, it is 100% with out a doubt the best place to ever have ZPO meetings! There is plenty of room for all of us inside or out. The kids can be there, the babies have plenty to play with, not to mention the food...oh good lord. This month Charing really out did herself. We grilled out kabob's on their new grill while we hung out on the patio. She made so much wonderful food! The deserts were to die for! Charing, thanks so much for putting in so much hard work and having us all over!

When we all first arrived we sat outside, ate some chips and dip, had some wine and caught up on each others lives. Missy had to work, so we were so sad, but she had to miss the meeting! Boo had her work party for the end of the year, but she was there in time for dinner. She had eaten, but she was able to hold Wesley and get a little practice in for being his nanny this summer! Morgan, our junior member, was there with us and she was so great! We always love having her around! After dinner, we had coffee and desert. We laughed and talked into late into the night. It was a wonderful meeting! (I am sure there were some really funny stories that could be in this post...clearly indicated by this picture of Candice and I...but it was a couple of weeks ago, and I just cannot remember! Sorry everyone!)